Question Hitachi Projector Only Work On Windows XP Laptop

hmunster123

Distinguished
May 27, 2014
I have a Hitachi CP-X2010N LCD Projector, it also says 3LCD on it. I can't this to work on newer laptop and Lenovo Desktop PC running Windows 10(Both Lenovo). It did work on an old IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP but it was heavily pixelated. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Buy a new projector.

Hitachi CP-X2010N was 1st released April 2009 and was discontinued soon after, in June 2010. My guess, it was built to work with Windows XP/Vista, especially when looking the analog VGA connectors it uses. But since in 2009, Windows 7 also came out, it wasn't compatible with latest OS, and thus, didn't saw much sales.

And it appearing "very pixelated", is due to the output resolution of 1024x768. Standard 4:3 aspect ratio, common for that era CRT monitors.

Specs: https://www.projectorcentral.com/Hitachi-CP-X2010N.htm

Unless you have Win XP/Vista system to run it, it is obsolete. Hardware obsolescence is very real thing. To name the few: floppy disks (5.25", 3.5"), cassette players, VHS tapes, CRT monitors, PATA (IDE) connector, PATA HDDs. And in some extent: CDs, DVDs, Blu-Ray discs, VGA connector.

The projector doesn't care what OS you are using unless you are trying to adjust settings via its USB or serial port (!) connections. It should show up as a standard plug-and-play monitor. Any drivers for such monitors are simply inf files describing a custom color profile to the OS, and not needed except to improve color reproduction.

On the laptop you'll have to figure out the keyboard shortcut to enable the external VGA monitor output, and on the desktop you may well be plugging it into a motherboard VGA port that is not connected to any IGP. Or for both you may be trying to use a VGA adapter on a card with no analog output which won't work without active circuitry in the adapter (neither nVidia nor AMD GPUs have included analog in years).

Without more information we are only guessing so cannot offer more meaningful suggestions.

hmunster123

Distinguished
May 27, 2014
Thanks. On my desktop which I would prefer to use, I had to use a VGA adaptor to get it to go into the USB port. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks again for all the suggestions and Happy Halloween to everyone!

hmunster123

Distinguished
May 27, 2014
I don't know, I'm saying that my computer won't go above 60Hz. I guess I will throw this projector out or sell on Ebay for parts. I've tried everything, I can't get it to work. Like I said earlier I also connected it to an old IBM Thinkpad running WIndows XP but it's heavily pixelated.

hmunster123

Distinguished
May 27, 2014
Buy a new projector.

Hitachi CP-X2010N was 1st released April 2009 and was discontinued soon after, in June 2010. My guess, it was built to work with Windows XP/Vista, especially when looking the analog VGA connectors it uses. But since in 2009, Windows 7 also came out, it wasn't compatible with latest OS, and thus, didn't saw much sales.

And it appearing "very pixelated", is due to the output resolution of 1024x768. Standard 4:3 aspect ratio, common for that era CRT monitors.

Specs: https://www.projectorcentral.com/Hitachi-CP-X2010N.htm

Unless you have Win XP/Vista system to run it, it is obsolete. Hardware obsolescence is very real thing. To name the few: floppy disks (5.25", 3.5"), cassette players, VHS tapes, CRT monitors, PATA (IDE) connector, PATA HDDs. And in some extent: CDs, DVDs, Blu-Ray discs, VGA connector.

Can you upgrade these projectors to run on Windows 10?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Can you upgrade these projectors to run on Windows 10?

Unless you code a driver for them, that is compatible with Win10 - No.

What you have, is essentially a driver issue, since back in the day when those projectors were released, they were made to run on WinXP. And while Win7 did came out in same year, it wasn't included in the drivers. (WinXP and Win7 are completely different.)

Reactions: Grobe

TRENDING THREADS