[SOLVED] Hitman 3, with or without DLCs

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
hi
i want to play Hitman 3 but i don't know if there is a big difference playing this game with all DLCs installed and without them. can anyone help me with this?
thanks

Solution
Just buy the game with all episodes, the version that released that contains all missions in the game. Most of the DLCs are skin packs that aren't worth it, or access passes that allow you to play Hitman 1 and 2. The access passes and separate Hitman 3 episode prices listed on Steam are ridiculously high and not worth it.
Just buy the game with all episodes, the version that released that contains all missions in the game. Most of the DLCs are skin packs that aren't worth it, or access passes that allow you to play Hitman 1 and 2. The access passes and separate Hitman 3 episode prices listed on Steam are ridiculously high and not worth it.

Last edited:
Solution

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
what do you mean by " episodes"? are all episodes in DLCs?

what do you mean by " episodes"? are all episodes in DLCs?
No, episodes are not DLCs. This latest style of Hitman games was episodic in nature. Initially they release with only a few missions, then they release more missions one at a time. By now all missions have been released, so just make sure what you're buying has all missions included for one price.

To be honest I prefer the older style Hitman games where there were many missions. These new games they have way less missions, and you're supposed to make up for it by doing each mission several ways with various kill tactics. I think Absolution was the last good Hitman game made.

Reactions: troyer1234567

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
No, episodes are not DLCs. This latest style of Hitman games was episodic in nature. Initially they release with only a few missions, then they release more missions one at a time. By now all missions have been released, so just make sure what you're buying has all missions included for one price.

To be honest I prefer the older style Hitman games where there were many missions. These new games they have way less missions, and you're supposed to make up for it by doing each mission several ways with various kill tactics. I think Absolution was the last good Hitman game made.
i found two websites selling this game in my country, one has Hitman 3 update 3.10 and another one has Hitman 3 update 3.17
does this update mean having more episodes and missions?

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Wow you just missed the special on steam a few weeks back, That's when I picked up my copy... got the whole trilogy including everything so far.

Had to wait a bit to make it complete, I placed the missing DLC's in my wish list and wasn't long before that went on sale too.

If I had more money, I would have bought it at full price, really great game...So much content and now that it is better compressed file format, its even better.
(160+GB's VS 66GB)

I'd def go with the steam version for ease of use, amongst other benefits.

HiTMAN Trilogy + all the correct DLC packages, I'm going to be occupied a long time progressing to 100% it, even if this new content for purchased version continues to be released in the future.

I am also thinking that absolution style hitman works best for few days or less worth of a blast of continuously progressive gaming, and builds momentum much better for the gamer.

Last edited:
i found two websites selling this game in my country, one has Hitman 3 update 3.10 and another one has Hitman 3 update 3.17
does this update mean having more episodes and missions?
I have no idea, but usually the description of the game shows what missions are contained. If not, ask the vendor if you can. As a general rule it's best to get the latest version though, and I really think since it's been a while since all episodes have released, any full priced game version should have them all. Any updates beyond that are going to be little fixes here and there to patch the game.

Here's IO's page for all the update release notes. https://www.ioi.dk/patch-notes-hitman3/

Last edited:

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
I have no idea, but usually the description of the game shows what missions are contained. If not, ask the vendor if you can. As a general rule it's best to get the latest version though, and I really think since it's been a while since all episodes have released, any full priced game version should have them all. Any updates beyond that are going to be little fixes here and there to patch the game.

Here's IO's page for all the update release notes. https://www.ioi.dk/patch-notes-hitman3/
thanks,
today i got the game and finished the story in 3 hours :/ such a short story! only 5 or 6 missions, last one was on train...
it was a Great! game but short :(

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
Wow you just missed the special on steam a few weeks back, That's when I picked up my copy... got the whole trilogy including everything so far.

Had to wait a bit to make it complete, I placed the missing DLC's in my wish list and wasn't long before that went on sale too.

If I had more money, I would have bought it at full price, really great game...So much content and now that it is better compressed file format, its even better.
(160+GB's VS 66GB)

I'd def go with the steam version for ease of use, amongst other benefits.

HiTMAN Trilogy + all the correct DLC packages, I'm going to be occupied a long time progressing to 100% it, even if this new content for purchased version continues to be released in the future.

I am also thinking that absolution style hitman works best for few days or less worth of a blast of continuously progressive gaming, and builds momentum much better for the gamer.
thanks

thanks,
today i got the game and finished the story in 3 hours :/ such a short story! only 5 or 6 missions, last one was on train...
I agree, I think they made a huge mistake spending so much time making it a several ways to kill demo instead of just giving us more mission content. For that reason I differ a bit on my rating of the game and consider it only average due to poor replay value. Unfortunately many seem to be OK with this new shortened format.

Last edited:

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
thanks,

I felt the same way about this Hitman 1,2,3... first time I had it running it was so short, that is if you go about just playing to get to the next level without thought, But then I realized what the developers had in mind for this game when I started playing online (It wont ever be as of a rush as playing for reaching next level and end game or such as hitman absolution is) this is what makes it worth all that money that it costs, It can be played time and time again to perfection, and that is where its strong point is and what makes it a worthy game to own.

Some serious satisfaction in silent assassinations with random objectives to be had.

I felt the same way about this Hitman 1,2,3... first time I had it running it was so short, that is if you go about just playing to get to the next level without thought, But then I realized what the developers had in mind for this game when I started playing online (It wont ever be as of a rush as playing for reaching next level and end game or such as hitman absolution is) this is what makes it worth all that money that it costs, It can be played time and time again to perfection, and that is where its strong point is and what makes it a worthy game to own.

Some serious satisfaction in silent assassinations with random objectives to be had.
Let me paraphrase a famous quote...

Doing the same thing over and over again, only to get slightly different results, is still insanity.

...I see it as pure laziness by the developers, to not have a more fleshed out story and variety of level design. What's crazy is they have a lot of people believing they actually put more work into this kind of stuff, merely by adding a few different things you can use as weapons and a few characters to react to a few different scenarios. It's all the more maddening when one of those characters isn't where they're supposed to be when spending time setting up one of the optional kill methods. :rolleyes:

My faith in IO went down quite a bit when they cooked up this ways to kill hamster wheel style of play. It's clearly an easy cash grab, and they are definitely charging WAY more than it's worth.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Let me paraphrase a famous quote...

Doing the same thing over and over again, only to get slightly different results, is still insanity.

...I see it as pure laziness by the developers, to not have a more fleshed out story and variety of level design. What's crazy is they have a lot of people believing they actually put more work into this kind of stuff, merely by adding a few different things you can use as weapons and a few characters to react to a few different scenarios. It's all the more maddening when one of those characters isn't where they're supposed to be when spending time setting up one of the optional kill methods. :rolleyes:

My faith in IO went down quite a bit when they cooked up this ways to kill hamster wheel style of play. It's clearly an easy cash grab, and they are definitely charging WAY more than it's worth.

Your faith might have gone down in IO, mine hasn't. Because if you look hard enough there is something worthy there in this game, I have noticed it. Being with the 2nd part of the game completely played and feeling that now it can be uninstalled then just to find it in a sale for entire game and all content on steam again after that has lead me to have this game installed and ready to play more than a few times (even taking into account when 3rd part was an epic store exclusive) and believe it or not neither did I feel right towards how it was all brought forward to the gamer way until the right moment when I ran the game again, then it works marvelously, You just got to get there or miraculously run the game at such a point, to notice it, I would say that's true for more games than just this one.

You should know this by now "Frag Maniac" , I have seen your posts and read some of it as well, you play a lot of games, understandably you must have felt when some games are right to play and when not, all depends what you as the gamer are looking to achieve whilst doing so, that doesn't point to the problems or design flaws outright and make a game fail.

Of course we all bitch and moan whilst playing, ok not all the time, mostly not because for the most part gaming is and will remain enjoyable, regardless.

And that famous quote... has a tale to tell: insanity might lead to "entertainment" or at the very least an "objective" when your looking at it through a gaming perspective, when the correct circumstances' are present. Repeating the same thing over and over again looking for a different result, isn't the entire story of insanity, more to the extent that, how something is observed what is being done repeatably is not to be in question or debate but rather the objective of such a repetition.

Last edited:
Well I really don't want to turn this into an endless debate, especially with such lengthy sentences as you seem prone to. I happen to disagree, OK? To me the real substance is in going on an epic story journey, not playing missions over and over as if it can replace such a thing. This is why a lot of devs don't hire good writers anymore. An increasing number of players would rather horse around experimenting with ways to kill an enemy than engage in a substantial story. It's akin to the goofing off people do in GTA. Whatever, but me personally, it doesn't float my boat.

OP already declared the question solved though, and I see no need to say anything more.