HK AVR85 receiver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

I have a HK AVR85 surround sound receiver. The volume isn't
working correctly anymore. It is Either of two settings. Very low
volume or BLARING loud. Its variable adjustment doesn't work at this
moment. I tried to see if the microprocessor would reset after 2 hours
by unplugging it, but it didn't. Is resetting the micro processor the
answer, and if so, how is that done on this model? Thanks in advance.

Unlikely any "reset" is going to fix this. It has a real live problem, and
needs a real repair job. Some bad IC or other I would imagine. If it's not
worth spending possibly up to 150.00 or so on the repair, you might consider
replacement.

Mark Z.

"Juan" <user@att.com> wrote in message
>I have a HK AVR85 surround sound receiver. The volume isn't
> working correctly anymore. It is Either of two settings. Very low
> volume or BLARING loud. Its variable adjustment doesn't work at this
> moment. I tried to see if the microprocessor would reset after 2 hours
> by unplugging it, but it didn't. Is resetting the micro processor the
> answer, and if so, how is that done on this model? Thanks in advance.

Juan

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:00:34 -0600, "Mark D. Zacharias"
<mzacharias@yis.us> wrote:

>Unlikely any "reset" is going to fix this. It has a real live problem, and
>needs a real repair job. Some bad IC or other I would imagine. If it's not
>worth spending possibly up to 150.00 or so on the repair, you might consider
>replacement.
>
>Mark Z.
>

>"Juan" <user@att.com> wrote in message
>>I have a HK AVR85 surround sound receiver. The volume isn't
>> working correctly anymore. It is Either of two settings. Very low
>> volume or BLARING loud. Its variable adjustment doesn't work at this
>> moment. I tried to see if the microprocessor would reset after 2 hours
>> by unplugging it, but it didn't. Is resetting the micro processor the
>> answer, and if so, how is that done on this model? Thanks in advance.

Thank you.
Probably good for target practice.

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:00:34 -0600, "Mark D. Zacharias"
> <mzacharias@yis.us> wrote:
>
>>Unlikely any "reset" is going to fix this. It has a real live problem, and
>>needs a real repair job. Some bad IC or other I would imagine. If it's not
>>worth spending possibly up to 150.00 or so on the repair, you might
>>consider
>>replacement.
>>
>>Mark Z.
>>

>>"Juan" <user@att.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a HK AVR85 surround sound receiver. The volume isn't
>>> working correctly anymore. It is Either of two settings. Very low
>>> volume or BLARING loud. Its variable adjustment doesn't work at this
>>> moment. I tried to see if the microprocessor would reset after 2 hours
>>> by unplugging it, but it didn't. Is resetting the micro processor the
>>> answer, and if so, how is that done on this model? Thanks in advance.
>>>

> Thank you.
> Probably good for target practice.

There's always eBay. Might get a few bucks for it.

Mark Z.