[SOLVED] home built intel i7 7800 will not boot

Brian_123

Commendable
May 30, 2016
I have just put together new machine Intel i7 8700 and Asrock H370 Pro4 M/B ,16 gig of 2666 ram .Must have something wrong as when I start it up ,it goes for a few seconds and stops and then self starts again in an endless cycle.
All the fans power on including the CPU fan .I only have a 4 pin aux connector in the 8 pin socket
but according to the manual this should not be a problem.

Solution
No,the TR2 are a low end series. If you can avoid using it you should. Don't cnfuse high wattage for good quality Most of the times do people not ned 650watts. I would look for cheapest at these,
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/FQ648d,FdRFf7,Qb8j4D,z9CD4D/
which one to pick depends on what gpu you use as well.

Brian_123

Commendable
May 30, 2016
I pulled the motherboard from the case and re-seated the CPU and it started OK ,stopped it and connected my 4 pin aux cable to the 8 pin socket and stated it up again this time it stopped after a few seconds ,what I did notice though the CPU fan spun a lot faster with it connected .Maybe I need to get an updated power supply.Also noticed that when it was running (I have a VGA cable hooked up to the motherboard )and nothing came up on the monitor.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Which psu do you have? =maker+model+wattage

Cause if the one you have only comes with just a 4pin cpu connector can't it really be very good and even though stated that using just a 4pin should work fine might it well be overwhelmed by what's asked from it by the cpu.

Brian_123

Commendable
May 30, 2016
What do you think of a thermaltake TR2 S 80 Plus 650? The one I have at the moment is a 650w no sure of the make as it is in my shed at the moment .I was thinking that might be the problem .I will have to wait till Tuesday to get a new one Monday is a public holiday over here in Australia

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
No,the TR2 are a low end series. If you can avoid using it you should. Don't cnfuse high wattage for good quality Most of the times do people not ned 650watts. I would look for cheapest at these,
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/FQ648d,FdRFf7,Qb8j4D,z9CD4D/
which one to pick depends on what gpu you use as well.

Solution

Brian_123

Commendable
May 30, 2016