[SOLVED] home inventory program

Jan 23, 2022
I am looking for a home inventory program, to track my personal items. I am trying to set it up on a Raspberry pi but I will use anything at this time that will work. Everything I have found is for a store inventory. I want to track my own items incase, I get robbed and can easily give a list to the police and insurance company of what is missing. Any suggestion are welcomed, free or pay.

Solution
I actually considered starting a business based on this concept (never followed through). I would have taken images, model numbers and serial numbers of each item within the home and provided the owner with a CD/DVD of their contents. The business would have kept an Access database (to start) in an off-site location (was thinking more along the lines of natural disasters as opposed to robberies).

For a personal inventory, I'd just use an Excel spreadsheet or something as simple as a notepad document.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I take pictures of each item I am concerned could 'walk off' in the event of a robbery. I get the overall item and then a pic of model and serial # when applicable. I keep these items on cloud storage for obvious reasons. I used to keep a spreadsheet of it but the cops didn't care about that aspect.

Jan 23, 2022
I would like to have the data base and add teh pictures to it to keep everything in one place. The robberies I have seen they usually trash the place and paperwork. I wanted to use the database and have an off site storage like the cloud.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I actually considered starting a business based on this concept (never followed through). I would have taken images, model numbers and serial numbers of each item within the home and provided the owner with a CD/DVD of their contents. The business would have kept an Access database (to start) in an off-site location (was thinking more along the lines of natural disasters as opposed to robberies).

For a personal inventory, I'd just use an Excel spreadsheet or something as simple as a notepad document.

Solution