Question Home Projector + Screen for under $2,000 ?

Muckster

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2013
I'm just starting to understand the options and lingo around home projectors. I'm thinking about getting one that would meet the following criteria:

1) quiet or relatively quiet

2) wall/shelf mounted to focus screen about 15 feet away

3) able to connect to a laptop to stream movies, play games, etc. (I'm really not up to speed on connectivity options)

4) Something that has some hope of working in non-total dark rooms. Little daylight, lamp light, etc.

I'm looking for a few go-to recommendations I can start with just to see what's out there and what I can afford. I've only watched/read a few reviews so I'm not ready to dive deep just yet.

Thanks if you have any suggestions for what to look at.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
What size screen are wanting to achieve?

Any sufficiently large screen size is going to demand 4K for decent clarity, and that means a powerful system for gaming, though you could game at 1080p upscaled.

HDMI 2.1 120hz would be the standard to aim for today.

For reference, there are 77" OLED TVs under $2000 (not ideal for brighter rooms)

98" Samsung LCD at BestBuy for $3000.

Reactions: Muckster

Muckster

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2013
Thanks for he post Eximo, but I think I posted too early. Wow, there's a lot to consider and I'm down the rabbit hole. I have conflicting needs for it and I really don't understand the stats well enough to judge. For example, how bright can a room be and still have a decent picture? It might be so subjective that I'll just have to try it to know.

I think I'm settling on a 100" diagonal screen, but it has to be pull up. I think there are options for it to be greyish instead of white in some cases? Like I said, a lot to process. I think I'll be better off doing more homework before checking back, which might be a week or so. Still, I totally appreciate your response.