Home security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2020
Does someone have any experience in providing home security? I work in an office and my kid studies from home now due to the pandemic time. I worry about him because he is only 8 and he could forget to turn off an oven or close a door. I heard about Ajax security systems but none of my friends use that. I know, they have different products to prevent a fire, flood, burglars. I will be very thankful if someone could recommend me any reliable provider you use.

Reactions: SetDreadsToStun

Ralston18

Titan
You are not alone with respect to the problems and complications of a working parent or parents with kids schooling/studying from home.

What general area do you live in? (Be as specific as you can without revealing any personally identifying information.)

Two reasons for asking the question:

1) Some products and services may not be available in your area.

2) Even with a security system it may be unlawful for you to leave an 8 year old home alone.....

Nov 16, 2020
Yes, I am sorry, I meant the notification Ajax sensors. Of course, nothing can prevent those processes, but at least you will know about that. I live in Vermont. I need to check a law, cause I thought it is legal to stay him alone after he reached six years old age. My Mum comes and checks him sometimes. My parents have their own business, so they do not have an opportunity to be with their grandson all the time as well. That is why I am trying to deal with that. My boss told me we may be working from home again soon, so I could be with my kid. But, anyway, the security system at home will be useful.

AndrewJohn

BANNED
Nov 30, 2020
Just like smartphone security, home security is more of a myth and having such solutions at home is much more dangerous than not having them. Well, if you could afford, you can go for smart home products such as smart locks for the door and smart ovens and these can be operated with a smartphone application from anywhere. Besides, arranging a few security cameras in your home at the most essential places would also serve the purpose.

Reactions: SetDreadsToStun
Dec 17, 2020
I had experience of using only cameras. The robbers just cut a cable and did their job. So, I can confidently say it does not work at all. I would recommend better to install any of the security systems. Firstly, you can save your time and money if you choose a professional variant because such providers usually suggest a support line and give a long warranty. As an example, I use Ajax products. I suppose they are quite new ones, that is why they do not charge a lot now, but their products are the best ones. I compared several characteristics and made that conclusion. So, I recommend you to check security systems prices and then make your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.