Horrible Audio Feedback Loop

Jan 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a computer and decided to hook up my headset and microphone for gaming.

I have an asus xonar dgx sounds card and a boom pro mic.

i use the splitter to connect the audio and mic input to the card. However it doesn't pick up my voice, i just have an echo of all the pc audio. I've tried multiple things and nothing has worked.
and when i mute my microphone, the echo stops but the audio in my headset seems to shift to the left slightly.

I've run out of ideas, so im hoping someone can come up with a solution.
id really appreciate it!

Solution
The splitter was the cause of the cross-talking. Does the PC see the mic plugged in? In other words, does it appear in the recording devices list?
The first step is to make sure the connections are correct. For example, the splitter mic is plugged into the mic in and not the headphone out. The splitter headphone is plugged into the headphone out and not the mic in. Also make sure that every connection is plugged in all the way. If you are not sure about the setup, take a image and upload it.

I am leaning less towards this problem being caused by drivers or settings on the PC.

Jan 2, 2019
the headphones work without the mic plugged in, but the button to mute the mic still makes the audio shift.
No echo though.
And i get nothing with just the microphone plugged in.
But if i play my audio through the tv i can record my voice, but its echoing and very quiet. like I'm muffled at the other end of a tunnel.
I turned mic boost on and i had horrible noise that just kept getting louder.

Jan 2, 2019
Update on this, I've found that if i plug my mic jack into the computer and my headphone jack into my phone. My microphone still pics up audio from my phone, the mute button doesn't work either, its just makes the recording quieter

Jan 2, 2019
Ive used the mic with my ps4 and even tested it with my laptop (without the splitter, laptop has dual mic and audio port, same for ps4 controller), it works so no problems there.
I did buy a cheap headset with a mic from the shops to test, that already has separate jacks for audio and mic. That actually works with my pc, so i think the splitter cable that I've been using is faulty. I've ordered one from amazon and it's being delivered today. so i can post another update later.

So a quick recap for your question, yes I've had the mic a long time. Had no problems with it, I do remember having the same issues with my old pc. Again, connecting it with the splitter.

Jan 2, 2019
the new splitter has arrived, i don't have any audio issues anymore. No feedback loop, no shifting of sound when using the mute button.
But my microphone is still dead, i get nothing from it.
the cheap headset i bought still works fine, which is annoying

Jan 2, 2019
Originally i though the new splitter didn't work, i adjust my pc settings to use the front audio ports(where i had them plugged in). And i can confirm that my headset and audio work!

my old splitter (that came with the boom pro mic) was faulty.

Thank you for helping and making suggestion, I was out of ideas before i posted on here!