Question Horrible WiFi - Acer Aspire E5-576G-5762

SASD GHOST

Honorable
Feb 20, 2017
A buddy of mine sent me this laptop used as a birthday gift this month since the desktop I have used is ancient. This seems to maneuver through the files and apps and stuff quite quickly but the internet connection is horrible. I can't hardly load a full web page with it unless I wait all day and even then, I don't know that it would work.

My friend said it worked fine before he gave it to me, he just hadn't used it in a while. Before giving it to me, he reset everything and gave it to me as though it were brand new.

From the get go, the WiFi connection was not what it should be. I'm currently running off a 5Ghz T-Mobile hotspot and my signal strength is full bars. However, when I try to download chrome or even search on Microsoft Edge, I'm getting incredibly bad latency. After waiting 10-15 minutes for it to load, I was able to run Google's speed test and it reported a download speed of 0.11Mbps and an upload speed 0.10Mbps.

I've done everything I know to do to make the laptop as efficient as possible but Idk quite what the problem is regarding my WiFi connection. Is it the HotSpot that's causing this? I've never had speeds this slow on my HotSpot.

If anyone has any tips or tricks or has encountered this before, please do enlighten me as to what the problem is and what I can do to fix it. Thanks in advance, guys!