Hot Apps of 2011 Week #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

requiemsallure

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
for everything you can pay for, there is an open source application on the internet that you can get for free, the sad thing is that open source is often just as good or better than the application that you can pay for. if you are smart you won't pay for anything on the internet.

p.s. switching from qwerty to dvork takes some time but the challenge is fun.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
[citation][nom]requiemsallure[/nom]for everything you can pay for, there is an open source application on the internet that you can get for free, the sad thing is that open source is often just as good or better than the application that you can pay for. if you are smart you won't pay for anything on the internet.[/citation]
Realistically though, free also means that the developers have no interest in continued support other than enthusiasm. Once that faded, you're on your own. Paying for software may not be "smart", but a more sustainable solution. Unless you're willing to convert and/or loose your data every so often. (No business can go for that uncertainty.)

jsheridan

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
[citation][nom]wiinippongamer[/nom]meh, I can list at least 3 better free apps than those you listed for each purpose of them.[/citation]
I could name 4 but I'm not going to either.....

ben BOys

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
[citation][nom]theuerkorn[/nom]Realistically though, free also means that the developers have no interest in continued support other than enthusiasm. Once that faded, you're on your own. Paying for software may not be "smart", but a more sustainable solution. Unless you're willing to convert and/or loose your data every so often. (No business can go for that uncertainty.)[/citation]

And you don't get that support for that item fades once they stop making substantial money from that product... APB anyone?

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
What is the point of the flash converter? My phone can play it as is without conversion. Sorry, I forgot about the people with iPhones ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.