Hot Apps of 2011, Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerhelmet

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
^+1 (ZyxMEvEuuxcZ)

Also, anyone have any hands-on experience with the Hornil Photoshop clone?
I'm very interested to hear any first hand account feedback.

skylanemurf

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
The term app is merely an abbreviation of the word application. There are Windows applications. It's a generic term. Apple does not have a copywrite on the term app.

studioman22

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Hey, thanks for this useful article! Several tools in there will be useful to me, so I appreciate it. Anyone had any success using Kaspersky Rescue? I am an avid Kaspersky IS user and very satisfied customer, so I am delighted to try it. Just in time for a client system I need to rescue from some viruses...This will be interesting.

rdege

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I've always used siw as a system analysis tool. It offers a ton of Windows related information. However, speccy appears to offer a few features that are not available with the free version of siw.

Either way, when using diagnostic tools, I prefer them self-executable (aka portable) for thumb drive purposes. Thankfully, speccy offers such a version (http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/portable).

fritter87

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
[citation][nom]skylanemurf[/nom]The term app is merely an abbreviation of the word application. There are Windows applications. It's a generic term. Apple does not have a copywrite on the term app.[/citation]
...yet

Status
Not open for further replies.