Hot Hammerhead Case Mod Costs $2,900

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This case is not ugly. It's rather sleek, actually, though it doesn't fit my personal tastes. You guys are looking at it the wrong way. This case is more like a piece of accent furniture. Think about how overpriced and impractical a lot of furniture is. It might stick out like a sore thumb on your desk at home, but I can see it fitting quite nicely in a properly-designed industrial space (e.g. the office of an architectural or engineering firm.)

rpmrush

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
surprised nobody flamed em for such outdated weak hardware for the price. It's an 1156 board and mid range video card. Shoulda been a 1155 board with the 2600k and xfire or sli to match the price of the damn case.

G

The 2900 isn't just the case... its the components fitted to it, and to buy the parts and custom design and build the case would be around 2900, this guy does it himself, so, I'm not sure why people are making a huffle, let alone being ignorant enough to think that you just pay 2900 for a case. Read people, read PAST the headlines.

indy_01

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
It's beautiful, sleek ,looks throughly modern and well thought out. Someone spent time designing this thing first, and making it later, instead of adding tubes and valves everywhere on a square box, cover it in lard and call it a design. This is one nice industrial design.

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
Nice concept case, but it's filled with middle-of-the-road hardware. My $26 APEX houses more exotic guts...and it comes with a handle. I don't need my computer to make a statement, just make deadlines.

americanherosandwich

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
It does look cool, but the price?

$800 - $1000 price for the components minus the case (depending on where you shop).

That means the case itself costs $1900 - $2100...

G

a designer trying to imagine how a computer power user (the only person who would really be interested in this kind of case) might use a pc, think i get more progress teaching my fish to bark

millerm84

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
[citation][nom]accolite[/nom]Form over function, I guess!!I like function over form, plus this thing is ugly....[/citation]

I'm not so sure about that. Would be a breeze to dust.

I really like the look of the CPU cooler on the outside and the look of the PSU on the outside but not both. Also would not be thrilled to have my gfx card hanging out in the open like that, and I can image the noise from the fans would be a bit painful.

kongqueror

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
The case is pretty awesome in my eyes - looks like a component of a futuristic motorcycle engine or part of a robot. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.