House internet dies when I turn on my computer

yoaprz

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
Hi There,

My house internet has always been working fine even with my computer, until one day when I turned on my computer the entire house internet connection just stops working or just become very unstable. This problem has been existing for about 2 weeks now. When I do not have my computer turned on, the whole house still had internet connection, only after I switch on my computer then the problems starts. My father and I are pretty sure it is the router that is causing the problem as the telephone which is connected directly to the modem is still working fine while the connection for others just dropped or become really unstable. We tested the cable connecting to the desktop but the cable is working fine. We also tried modifying the computer & router settings but no luck. Router model is Asus RT-AC12000G+. Are there any solutions to this problem? Thank you.

Here is how my home connection system (I do not know how to call it) works:
Modem --> Router --> Network Switch --> Desktop (and some devices)
|
v
telephone

Does the modem restart when the computer is turned on? I had that issue every time I turned my treadmill on my modem would restart. It was noise in the electric lines. I had to get a surge protector with a line conditioner to plug the modem in to to keep it from happening.

yoaprz

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

well at the beginning I also had this problem, I fixed this issue but the problem still exist. Thanks for trying to help though :)