How about a permanent signed in seal so I don't get signed out?

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
[strike]Hey, I can't post a Question sao I'm adding it here, the Notifications box has gone missing as well as recent updates, I thought maybe I'd been signed out but now there is no option to sign in other than with Facebook, Twitter or Google to which I'd prefer not using at all for this site, I'm signed in with Yahhooo, that should be enough.They were there a minute ago but you seemed to have updated the site in the last few minutes and I couldn't post my reply to an important thread, I had to close my browser and upon re-openeing, therre is your new "facelift" with the recent updates and Notifications boxes GONE! How do I find the Questions I've replied to so I can respond to the OP? [/strike]

Stop signing me out, it is such a bugbear!!

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
How do you mean you are signed in with Yahoo? We don't have a social sign-in option with Yahoo...
We did do a manual reset of sign-in for Google users the other day over the course of some standard maintenance, but nothing out of the ordinary has changed with our sign-in process apart from that.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
I like to be signed in peramnetly until I choose when to sign out, if I don't access TH within 24 hours, I get signed out. Perhaps it's a protocol or something, it happen in other forums as well (that I used to attend). I'm getting used to it now, I just have to confirm my password and it allows me to be signed in again.

I don't use Google email, even avoid Google Search, so I am signed in with Yahoo, replies are sent to my Yahoo inbox. I"ve been with TH for more than a year, my email address was required when I became a member, it just happens to be a Yahoo email address.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
It should be keeping you signed in, unless you've got some kind of special privacy settings changed on your browser. The default setup allows all users to remain signed in indefinitely on Tom's.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Yeah, from your responses here and in numerous other threads, it sounds like you've got some strange things going on with your browser settings. That'd be the first thing to point to if you bump into an issue.