Question how accurate this website details about gpu compatible

Skyakimax

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
For some people it seems a bit pointless. What does 0.1 compatibility even mean? That it's a tiny bit compatible?
i think 0.1 mean is not compatible or cant,, i think 1 to 10 points good points are 6+ up i think, -6 points processors cant play gtx1660 super version i think, and we know old processors cant match new GPu cards, ,

eh, anything with a PCIe x16 slot is compatible with any GPU. slower chips will feed data slower to the gpu.

get the best you can afford of both, unless your chip is extremely old, any cpu will get better responses to bigger and better gpus. Even an Athlon 200 will see a difference in performance between a 1650 and a 2080; It won't be as big a difference as with a 3700X, but there will be one.

Reactions: Skyakimax
That's sort of my issue with the site: the score meter is misleading. Because as ScrewySqrl says with respect to PCIe x16 slots, it either fits in it or it doesn't. Modern graphics cards are essentially backwards and forwards compatible with any PCIe x16 slot. There'll be the odd case of BIOS compatibility, or even locked BIOSes, but those aren't a hardware issue as such.

To me, performance levels isn't about compatibility; it's about the balance of a system which I consider a different metric.

Skyakimax

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
That's sort of my issue with the site: the score meter is misleading. Because as ScrewySqrl says with respect to PCIe x16 slots, it either fits in it or it doesn't. Modern graphics cards are essentially backwards and forwards compatible with any PCIe x16 slot. There'll be the odd case of BIOS compatibility, or even locked BIOSes, but those aren't a hardware issue as such.

To me, performance levels isn't about compatibility; it's about the balance of a system which I consider a different metric.

mmm what do you think about i5-7500 for 1660 super version card?? i saw youtube there have test video using i5-7400 with 1660,, just litilbe bit bottlneck but no big proble,

Hugely dependent on workload, as far as I'm concerned.

For gaming, if serious about such things, I would look towards what resolution and refresh rate the monitor has. Even then we'd be looking whether the CPU can produce the frames necessary, and then the GPU fill in those frames. The GTX 1660 series goes from 1080p to 1440p, it seems. So those cards should do a solid job.

However... all this is a different question to what began this thread. What is the purpose of the question and what do you seek to use the information for? If it's the purchase of a new graphics card, then just state it. Let people know what hardware specs you have, and the games you play and will likely play; this would give you a better answer rather than the current academic approach to a theoretical question about the viability or trustworthiness of a particular website.

Skyakimax

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Hugely dependent on workload, as far as I'm concerned.

For gaming, if serious about such things, I would look towards what resolution and refresh rate the monitor has. Even then we'd be looking whether the CPU can produce the frames necessary, and then the GPU fill in those frames. The GTX 1660 series goes from 1080p to 1440p, it seems. So those cards should do a solid job.

However... all this is a different question to what began this thread. What is the purpose of the question and what do you seek to use the information for? If it's the purchase of a new graphics card, then just state it. Let people know what hardware specs you have, and the games you play and will likely play; this would give you a better answer rather than the current academic approach to a theoretical question about the viability or trustworthiness of a particular website.

my purpose is play games

my spec are

i5-7500
8gb ddr4 2400 mhz ram
1tb hdd
thermaltake 500w 80+

i have idea buy 22 inch asus ips monitor & 1660 super or rx 580

i like play to game high and 1080p some quality's

The GTX 1660 Super is newer than the RX 580, and probably better with your current PSU because it's more power efficient. I would have concern using that PSU with an RX 580.

Depending on how much you're willing to spend there might even be RTX 2060 graphics cards within the budget (I see more crossover in the UK than the US): https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=439,450,438,436,446&sort=price&page=1

Ultimately the performance will rely upon the core components of your PC: CPU, GPU and RAM. As long as the CPU still holds up well in the games you play, then a more powerful graphics card could enhance the experience. If it's currently maxing out then there'll likely be less performance increase. Keep this in mind.