How Bad is Bad? (CrystalDiskInfo report)

Apr 3, 2018
Hi guys

Recently i've been encoutering huge laggspikes, usually when i'm playing all sort of games on my PC. I had no clue of what went wrong, but recently i checked my disk health with CrystalDiskInfo, and i got the following report:

https://imgur.com/a/CrxvG

Is it time to buy a new SSD? I wonder.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well you've got approximately 3 years of up time on the drive. No where near the specified number of start/stop cycles.

Only 1 for read error, but it looks like the head has missed its target more then the recommended number of times. Most of the bad values came from that happening.

Anyone in a position to jostle the drive while in operation?

I've seen drives keep going for years after starting to report as bad with SMART data. I think it is rather encouraging that it has so few read errors.

Either way, if you don't trust the drive, only store things on it you can afford to lose.

Once drives indicate bad health, it's a good time to back up anything you need from them pretty quickly....

No surface tests, long tests, surface tests, etc., which tend to degrade them even more quickly after a partial failure/soft crash has occurred.

With 1-2 TB drives about $30 these days, not sure how long I'd tinker with it...
One quick format, a short test, a long test, then chunk it at the next error.

GOod luck!