How can I backup my PC completely

MT Dagar

Reputable
Sep 7, 2015
Guys I am thinking to 'Clean Install' Windows 10. Just to be on the safer side I would like to backup my PC completely.
I want to create some system image sort of a thing which could be used later to revert back to my previous OS(windows 7) with all the setting, updates, programs and files exactly the way they were, (in case needed).
It would be great if anyone has a suggestion...

Solution
Very shrewd.

I use Macrium, is free, has a nice interface. Use high compression to keep back up images to a minimum. Smart backup (default) will automatically skip hibernate.sys, pagefil.sys etc. After backing up, go to the menu selection to create a bootable recovery Flash (500MB+). Test to be sure you can boot from this Flash.

As Phillip says, everybody should be using something like this from day 1. This is the SURE way to UNDO whatever problem you may be having, and GO BACK to EXACTLY as you were before. Think of it as an instant Software Reset.
That's something I always do anyway, even though I've no intention of upgrading the OS.
Why do I do it? - - to be prepared for when the hard drive fails (and it will fail one day, it's inevitable).

There are several disk-imaging softwares, both free & paid-for, but I can only recommend the one that I use.
Active@ Disk Image (Personal Standard Edition): http://lsoft.net/diskimage.aspx

Don't fancy paying for one? Just use Google, type Free Disk imaging software in to the search bar.

Very shrewd.

I use Macrium, is free, has a nice interface. Use high compression to keep back up images to a minimum. Smart backup (default) will automatically skip hibernate.sys, pagefil.sys etc. After backing up, go to the menu selection to create a bootable recovery Flash (500MB+). Test to be sure you can boot from this Flash.

As Phillip says, everybody should be using something like this from day 1. This is the SURE way to UNDO whatever problem you may be having, and GO BACK to EXACTLY as you were before. Think of it as an instant Software Reset.

Solution