Question How can i change the speed of my corsair ll120 fans.

Andrew Murphy

Honorable
Feb 19, 2014
I made a new build recently with a ryzen 2700x in a h200i case. I am having issues with heat being trapped in the case and i've been trying to turn up the speed of the fans all day with no avail. I've had all the fans plugged into the nzxt controller for power and they don't show up in the bios or Argus. I've plugged then all into a silverstone PWM fan hub both with the fan hub connected to the motherboard 4 pin and also not connected. One fan will show up in both the bios and Argus but no matter what changes i make to the fan curve setting it at 100% the fans will not change speed forever stuck at ~650 rpm. Why do these fans refuse to change speed. I've also had a single fan plugged into the 4pin fan header and again while being read by the bios and argus any changes i made would not affect the fan.

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Do a test connecting that fan directly to a molex connector from the PSU (the yellow wire 12V and any black wire as a ground). This will give the fan max speed.

Maybe the fans are not designed to be much faster (and with age and dust and corrosion, maybe the rotor has some mechanical resistances in it)

Andrew Murphy

Honorable
Feb 19, 2014
Do a test connecting that fan directly to a molex connector from the PSU (the yellow wire 12V and any black wire as a ground). This will give the fan max speed.

Maybe the fans are not designed to be much faster (and with age and dust and corrosion, maybe the rotor has some mechanical resistances in it)
After unplugging the fan splitter and changing the fan 4 pins around in it, it decided to randomly work. I guess it was just being finicky. Though i'm still running into issues cooling the 2700x but at least the fan problem is fixed.