How can i check frame rates in Doom 3 and F.E.A.R?

cbarsenal

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Hi, does anyone know how i can see what sort of frame rates im getting in doom 3 and F.E.A.R? Just interested to see what i get thats all,thanks in advance.

evo4ever

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Download a program called FRAPS it will tell you your FPS in any game.

Im not sure what the address is, just google it!

Morton

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2005
Wasn't there some console command in Doom 3 which enables you to see frames per second? You can open the console in the game by pressing ALT + CTRL + tilde '~' (left of the button for number 1). The command might be 'benchmark' or 'gfxinfo'. You could also try using the 'help' command.

AlexFF

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
Go to the console (i´m using this right now) by pressing Ctrl + Alt + "~" (tilde) at the same time then type (without the quotes) "com_showfps 1" and you will see that the game caps the fps count to 60. To remove this type "com_fixedtic -1" (thats a minus one ok) That´s what I use, guess it should work

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
yup fraps is good, but lately i think there is somethign buggy with it, because i wwas playing medieval 2 demo, and it said i had low fraps like 30 or so bu tthe game run smooth anyways (in the zoom mode) same with call of duty i got 12 ftp's with all maxed setings but gameplay was smooth and fast as usual...maby this was a glich of some sort, but it seamed a bit odd