How can I check whether my wd black nvme ssd is running in x2 mode or x4 mode?

Jun 22, 2018
I have installed wd black nvme ssd in gigabyte z370m d3h mobo. But I'm hardly getting transfer speed of 130mb/s. So, what could be the possible reason? Moreover, how can I check whether my ssd is running in x2 mode or x4 mode?

Solution
run a crystaldiskmark benchmark on it...

if it hits 2800-3,000+ MB/sec reads (applicable to newer Black NVME model, obviously), it's definitely x4 lanes being used....
1. According to official Gigabyte specifications your motherboardboard is equipped with two Ultra M.2 headers/connectors. Your motherboard can definitely run two M.2, PCIe 3.0 x 4, NVME 3.1, solid state drives. No Problem.

2. Is your Western Digital Black ssd the original model or the newer model? Performance of the original model was an issue. The newer, updated model solved the problem. Please post the model number on the label of your ssd so we can determine which model you have.

3. What software application did you use to measure the transfer speed and what were you transferring to your ssd? Were you downloading and saving a motion picture film from the Internet? Were you transferring data from a cd-rom disc? Data can be transferred from a variety of storage mediums.

I can think of another dozen potential issues but I'll wait until you post more information.

Jun 22, 2018
Yes, it supports two m2 pcie 3.0x4 nvme ssd. But, I want to make sure whether they are running in x4 mode automatically or i'll have to configure it to x4.

I think it's the newer model. Model#WDS250G2XOC-00L350

I transfer games to it only, sometimes pre-installed and sometimes in iso form.

I used crystaldiskmark. The result was ok. Read: 3050mbps, Write:1650mbps.

Although the benchmark result is ok, but transfer speed as comapred to the write speed is very low, I think. Does it depend upon the hdd I use or what?

Jun 22, 2018
Yes, it supports two m2 gen3.0 x4 nvme ssd. But I want to make sure whether they are running in x4 mode automatically or i'll have to configure it to x4 mode in bios by myself.

I think it's the newer model. Model#WDS250G2XOC-00L350

I transfer games only, sometimes pre-installed and sometimes in zip form.

I used crystaldiskmark benchmark. The result was ok. Read :3050mbps, Write:1650mbps.
Although the benchmark result is ok, but the transfer speed(130mbps) is low as compared to the write speed, I think. Does the transfer speed depend upon my hdd or what?
Thanx a lot for your cooperation, Sir.