[SOLVED] How can I cool my laptop's CPU ?

mmzf

Reputable
Jun 17, 2018
I have a Dell precision M6400, i can't invest money on it due to financial crisis, i have 2 fans of computer, i want my cpu to be cool, my Cpu goes 50degree almost or even more on stress tests. and while using it. i tried opening my back(bottom) case of laptop and tried different places by putting fan under them throwing air towards laptop to see which place keeps cpu cool, but i cant see any way to send air to cpu.

i also tried removing keyboard, and giving air from top side too. but that also don't work. is there any way i can make use of my fan? to cool till almost 45 degree. with 2 fans? please give me any idea. other then getting new laptop, or thermal paste or anything like that which require money. i can't even invest 3-4$even... :/

Solution
Those temps are perfectly fine especially for a precision model laptop. The problem is laptops have relatively small heatsinks so it is harder to get them cooler and you could put a fan under the intake if you wanted but those temps are fine and won't go much lower. You only have to worry about cpu heat when it hits 85-90c

Tfo052

Reputable
Dec 23, 2016
Those temps are perfectly fine especially for a precision model laptop. The problem is laptops have relatively small heatsinks so it is harder to get them cooler and you could put a fan under the intake if you wanted but those temps are fine and won't go much lower. You only have to worry about cpu heat when it hits 85-90c

Solution