Question How can I fix blurry/low quality textures and vegetations in games.

Dec 7, 2022
I've restored the 3d setting in the Nvidia control panel (I've changed everything back to what it was afterwards) and since then all my games have had this weird, blurry look. So basically what I'm experiencing is vegetation and some other textures in the distance looks blurry and has a poor quality, it also does this weird flicker when you move. In menu's, I can barely read the small text. I've played around with AA and resolution but it had no effect. I removed my gpu drivers and installed it manually but again, no change. Does anyone have an idea to fix this? Here's a video to explain it better

that doesnt looks like default settings, some settings should be controlled by application, otherwise driver would override app (game) settings to what you set

btw that blurry look is from negative lod bias, set it to clamp to have it sharper...and maybe anisotropic to 16x as most games have it running like that and disabling it through driver would make it look like poop :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ice_Pl4gue
Dec 7, 2022
that doesnt looks like default settings, some settings should be controlled by application, otherwise driver would override app (game) settings to what you set

btw that blurry look is from negative lod bias, set it to clamp to have it sharper...and maybe anisotropic to 16x as most games have it running like that and disabling it through driver would make it look like poop :)
Okay I'm gonna reset the settings back to default again and see what will happen. I hope this will fix it. Thanks for the advice btw (y)