[SOLVED] How can i fix minimal streaming lag

Sep 7, 2021
Is there any method to solve streaming lag..It happens when I stream csgo,but as soon as I turn off stream lag stops.My upload is 5.2 and I lower it on 2 and it keeps happening,I've red that people with good upload(such as 10) also get this problem so I was just wondering how can I fix it..Please help
This is my pc components

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11600KF
GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
ASRock B560M Steel Legend
Installed RAM 16.0 GB

Solution
Before doing anything I would start purging unplayed games and default stuff that came on the new pc.

The lag could be being caused by some corrupt, buggy, or simply poorly designed app. Maybe trying to update, backup, or simply "phone home".

Use Task Manager to discover what all is being launched at startup and disable anything you do not need to have launched at startup or otherwise running in the background.

Look in Resource Monitor to discover what all is running, what resources are being used, and to what extent (%) any given resource is being used.

If there is anything you do not recognize then research before removing or otherwise disabling.

Main objective being to identify the cause(s) of the lag.

Ralston18

Titan
Before doing anything I would start purging unplayed games and default stuff that came on the new pc.

The lag could be being caused by some corrupt, buggy, or simply poorly designed app. Maybe trying to update, backup, or simply "phone home".

Use Task Manager to discover what all is being launched at startup and disable anything you do not need to have launched at startup or otherwise running in the background.

Look in Resource Monitor to discover what all is running, what resources are being used, and to what extent (%) any given resource is being used.

If there is anything you do not recognize then research before removing or otherwise disabling.

Main objective being to identify the cause(s) of the lag.

Solution
Are you streaming with OBS? Are you using shadowplay(nvidia) or CPU encoding to stream? I know with shadowplay, the recordings get stutter if I have the temporary files on the same hard drive as the game. I have to use a seperate hard drive for smooth recording, I'm not sure if the same applies to streaming and how it works with temporary files.

TRENDING THREADS