how can i get back the desktop icon i have accidentally deleted is their any way to find the icon ?

Mohd Abdul

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
how can i get back the desktop icon i have accidentally deleted is their any way to find the icon ? is their any way to find that icon with name

ThomasJ93

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
I assume it was the shortcut to an installed program? If so, simply go to the directory you installed it in. Right-click the programs executable and copy to > copy to desktop (make shortcut).

Next you can change the name of the shortcut on your desktop.

G

Did you try the recycle bin? If it is in the recycle bin, you can always restore it. If it was deleted from the recycle bin then you could create a new shortcut to the program. The "program files (x86)" folder is most likely where it is installed. Find the program's install folder and look for an application file type or an .exe file. Right click and select "send to" -> "desktop (create shortcut)" and it should make a new desktop icon for that program. Or, alternatively, you could perform a system wide search for the program's executable file then create the shortcut from there.

Agreed, unless it's in the Recycle Bin you have to recreate the link.

Here's an example of how to link to a program (I'll use "Faststone"):

1) Open Windows Explorer (START-> "Computer")

2) click "C:" drive

3) Look inside of "Program files" or "Program files (x86)"

4) C:\Program Files (x86)\FastStone Image Viewer

5) Double-click "FSViewer" to see if that launches the proper program (look for files of Type "Application")

6) You can create a shortcut to the Desktop, Startmenu or Taskbar:

7) Right-click "FSViewer" and choose one of the following:
a) "Pin to Start"
b) "Pin to Taskbar"
c) "Send to"-> "Desktop (Create shortcut)"

Other:
a) Your program might be installed in a subfolder with the company name as the root folder.

b) If it's a FILE, not a program you're linking to the steps are the same but you may have to SEARCH your computer. It may be somewhere in your Documents folder for example.

TRENDING THREADS