Question How can I get full performance of my SSD( Ramsta R800 Sata III 120gb)

Jul 23, 2020
I have tested my SSD using ATTO benchmark, crystal disk manager,AS benchmark, the highest read speed is 285mbps and write is 180. This is really bothering me as I have checked each possible way to get the full performance and it does not improve. Any suggestions?

check that you have the proper SATA AHCI drivers whether Intel RST or whatever OEM you have. Also make sure AHCI is enabled. The default drivers may not necessarily give you optimum SSD performance. Also 120GB typically don't perform at the "up to" speeds listed for SSD's which usually quote the value for their 512GB or 1TB models. This is due to fewer chips on the board.

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
I have checked the motherboard and the ssd is connected to the first blue color port labelled '0'
Is your motherboard an Intel-based motherboard? If the motherboard has the Intel® 6 Series Express Chipset, there was a "Chipset Circuit Design Issue" but SATA 0 and SATA1 were not affected (blue). SATA2 and SATA3 (black) were impacted as were the eSATA ports SATA4 and SATA5 (red). Intel-Chipset-Circuit-Design-Issue

Jul 23, 2020
Is your motherboard an Intel-based motherboard? If the motherboard has the Intel® 6 Series Express Chipset, there was a "Chipset Circuit Design Issue" but SATA 0 and SATA1 were not affected (blue). SATA2 and SATA3 (black) were impacted as were the eSATA ports SATA4 and SATA5 (red). Intel-Chipset-Circuit-Design-Issue
The MPN is 40DDP VHWTR VJ4YX, I cannot figure out if it is intel based but I am getting 100mbps for my HDD after I have switched to AHCI mode. This is the motherboard I have connected it to the the blue port as you can see on the image.
s-l400.jpg

Jul 23, 2020
check that you have the proper SATA AHCI drivers whether Intel RST or whatever OEM you have. Also make sure AHCI is enabled. The default drivers may not necessarily give you optimum SSD performance. Also 120GB typically don't perform at the "up to" speeds listed for SSD's which usually quote the value for their 512GB or 1TB models. This is due to fewer chips on the board.
I think its the SSD but not my motherboard or drivers. May be the ramsta ssd is not capable for full speeds

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
Well since this motherboard is a Dell Optiplex 3020 MT, I would suggest downloading drivers directly from Dell website. Turning AHCI on should have done the trick. It looks like it may have made it worse. Are you sure that you didn't set it to ATA?

Jul 23, 2020
Well since this motherboard is a Dell Optiplex 3020 MT, I would suggest downloading drivers directly from Dell website. Turning AHCI on should have done the trick. It looks like it may have made it worse. Are you sure that you didn't set it to ATA?

I got the solution Bro
Thanks for your concern
It was the ssd itself
I replaced it with samsung and now its good