[SOLVED] How can i install Mac os in a windows pc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2021
I would like to install mac os in seperate hdd so i can have dual boot . I have a empty drive so can i just install in it .

Solution
Extremely delicate process, without using virtualization.

You must use a version of Mac OS that was used with Intel-based macs. Your other hardware has to be supported by whatever "Hackintosh" distro you decide to use. Even if you get it installed and booted into MacOS, many things won't work.

As Small_Tarzan said, much easier to use something like VirtualBox to run it. It just won't have the same speed and responsiveness that a native install would have.

Small_Tarzan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2015
Installing any OS on an HDD is going to cost you nerves.
Installing MacOS requires very specific hardware and it's very likely that even with the correct hardware you will not be able to run the latest version.

That being said, you can virtualize MacOS. There's plenty of ways to do it. It runs better under Linux, I believe. There's at least a thousand guides on Google. Give it a shot.

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Extremely delicate process, without using virtualization.

You must use a version of Mac OS that was used with Intel-based macs. Your other hardware has to be supported by whatever "Hackintosh" distro you decide to use. Even if you get it installed and booted into MacOS, many things won't work.

As Small_Tarzan said, much easier to use something like VirtualBox to run it. It just won't have the same speed and responsiveness that a native install would have.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Status
Not open for further replies.