Question How can I install multiple software at the same time? like LibreOffice,

yargd

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
Hello all. I looked at Ninite, but their software are very limited. How can I combine multiple app installers .exe into 1 large exe and install all of these app to a specific folder in the C drive? Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I’m not familiar with it yet, but my company has recently used Chocolatey to install programs through a .bat script. The programs that our scripts install do not have any separate installation windows appear. You do have to install Chocolatey though (our script does that). I haven’t had a chance to review our scripts yet to see how it works entire and if it’s only with specific programs, but you could give this a try:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...chocolatey-package-from-chocolateyinstall-ps1

I'm trying to write a script .bat to install basic .exe apps silently/without seeing the Agreement window.
Ah, I see - if this is important for you, then you can'tdo neither bat not vbs because you need something that can capture and react to window title or other windows elements. For this, I'd suggest Autohotkey - this is a script language tailored for interracting with Windows elements - can wait for a window or popup nag to appear, and automatically force the mouse pointer (or by other means not involving mouse pointer) to hit Dismiss button faster than you can blink your eye.

D

Deleted member 14196

Windows reports that is malware and so does. malware bytes. AutoIt is a safer scripting language imo

D

Deleted member 14196

Someone already created a project that does what the original poster whites in AutoIt

On the forum he’s Bert and his avatar is Bert the puppet from Sesame Street

Go look it up and then you can use it directly

yargd

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
Hello all. I'm working for a small MSP company. They install everything manually. I looked at Ninite, but their software are very limited. How can I combine multiple app installers .exe into 1 large exe and install all of these app to a specific folder in the C drive? Thank you for your help.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello all. I'm working for a small MSP company. They install everything manually. I looked at Ninite, but their software are very limited. How can I combine multiple app installers .exe into 1 large exe and install all of these app to a specific folder in the C drive? Thank you for your help.
LibreOffice is in ninite.com.

What specific applications are you looking to do, that are not included in the ninite ecosystem?

USAFRet

Titan
Macrium Reflect, drivers, graphic card updates.
Drivers and GPU updates are a non-starter.
Those are only applicable to a single PC config.

You're not doing a whole reinstall that often.
You'd spend more time trying to get this to work, than just reinstalling those when you DO have to do a full OS reinstall.

Or....
Once you get the OS install and running, and all the drivers and your basic load of applications....do a full drive Image with Macrium Reflect.
Save that Image to where ever.
When you need it...it is all there.

https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie

Use a sandbox to install all the things you want,
it will install to protected folders and not to your running OS, you can then browse these folders.

Write a script to check for an create any folders the installers created and copy all the files to the corresponding folders, the user folder will be an issue since everybody will have one named based on their PC or name and you won't know what it is.

A lot of software, especially drivers, will probably still not work if they need different settings on different hardware.