How can I know what PC games are better played with keyboard and/or mouse and what are better played with controller?

PakOne

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

But does this mean that the game is better played with controller?

PakOne

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

Strategy with controller? Are you sure?

I play all games using keyboard and mouse.

I don't really like console games so I generally do not touch controllers. I like keyboard and mouse because they offer better accuracy and binding keys for games with a lot of different command is more suitable for a keyboard than a controller... at least in my opinion.

I think the last time I touched a controller was when Halo 2 came out for Xbox. A friend of mine loved inviting people over to his place. At which point he would break out his two Xbox if enough people were interested in playing games.

PakOne

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

So, do you mean that you don't play sports games for example? Or fighting games? Or you mean that when you play this kind of games you play them with your keyboard? Because I tried playing Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst with keyboard and it's impossible.

I play strategy games, first person shooters and 3rd person shooters with my mouse and keyboard. In essence all games. The mouse provides finer control which means better accuracy. However, if you have been playing mostly with a controller then I suppose switching to keyboard / mouse will be a learning curve. Much like how it was a learning curve for me to play Halo and Halo 2 on the Xbox with a controller.

Probably the only game that I will likely not use mouse and keyboard will be Star Citizen (not released yet) which is a space combat sim that is being developed by Chris Roberts (who developed the classic Wing Commander and Privateer series). For these types of games I prefer to use a joystick, keyboard, and throttle.

semichaud1

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

Controllers are also better for platformers.

TRENDING THREADS