Question How can i make laptop CPU throttle at lower temperature ?

HelpMePlease!!!

Commendable
Dec 28, 2019
I have Acer Nitro 5 (i5-10400F, GTX 1050) that overheats. When compressing files it hits 95 Degrees very temporarily, but i was wandering if there is a way to make it not reach those very high temps e.g. make it thermal-throttle at 80 degrees or 85. Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance

that overheats
95°C is a normal operating temperature for an Intel CPU. They are designed to start thermal throttling at 100°C to protect against any damage. You do not need to give your CPU temperature a second thought. Intel CPUs are quite capable of looking after themselves.

If you want to reduce the thermal throttling temperature, try running ThrottleStop.

Open the Options window and have a look on the right side for the PROCHOT Offset setting. If you do not see a lock icon near this setting, you can increase the PROCHOT Offset value which will decrease the temperature when thermal throttling begins. Setting the Offset to 15 will tell the CPU to thermal throttle at 85°C instead of the Intel recommended 100°C.

If you see a lock icon, you cannot adjust this setting. The BIOS has locked it.

GNjuaCh.png

You can undervolt your CPU to lower power consumption and your temperatures. Using a negative offset of -50 mV for both the core and the cache can help reduce maximum full load temperatures while still being 100% stable.

You can also reduce the turbo power limits so your CPU power limit throttles. This will also help keep the temperatures down. Lots of tricks are available so you can run your Intel CPU however you like.