How can I make my case fans spin faster ?

agar.iobrrr

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
I bought new fans like month ago and they spin very slowly so I would like to make them faster to get better temps but they take the power straight from power supply and not from the motherboard so how can I make them faster ? and I tried speedfan but it only shows my hdd temps ?

Solution
Ok so it looks like there is no RPM control on that controller, I can't understand the whole thing (I don't read german), but it sure looks like they are only 1800rpm max fans which is kind of slow. The only button on the controller S+ and S- MAY control the fan speed, but if that doesn't then what it runs is what it runs.

If you plug them direct into your motherboard you can use the system to control them, otherwise this is it, and in the end they are likely running max speed, they just aren't that fast. Thats what you get with a big package of cheap no name RGB fans.

agar.iobrrr

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017

there is no way that is max speed
they take time even to get full speed

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

You may have bought low speed fans. If you are plugged directly into the power supply that is as fast as they are going to go.

agar.iobrrr

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017

But there is this controller box where its connected to where I can change the colors of the led ? could that have to do anything with it ?

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

It might have something to do with that if it's splitting the power and drawing low amps, try plugging the fans into your motherboard if you have open headers. Also, what fans are they? If they are mag-lev fans they usually look like they are running low RPM's even when they aren't because they are super quiet.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

OK, information that would have been useful earlier. Its possible that controller box also allows you to change fan speed.

What brand and model is this we are talking about?

agar.iobrrr

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017

Its not the exact one but almost the same https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-6-Pcs-RGB-16000000-Farben-Computer-Gehause-Lufter-LED-120mm-PC-Fan-Einstellbar/112852880325?hash=item1a468e4bc5%3Am%3Amc2FgSujiUOnJmzXi0Vy8cw&var=413269208733

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Ok so it looks like there is no RPM control on that controller, I can't understand the whole thing (I don't read german), but it sure looks like they are only 1800rpm max fans which is kind of slow. The only button on the controller S+ and S- MAY control the fan speed, but if that doesn't then what it runs is what it runs.

If you plug them direct into your motherboard you can use the system to control them, otherwise this is it, and in the end they are likely running max speed, they just aren't that fast. Thats what you get with a big package of cheap no name RGB fans.

Solution