How can I make my computer faster without a SSD?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

YoMarshMellow

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
Hi, I was wondering how I could make my computer faster without an SSD?
I am looking to execute these ideas of yours on my laptop and gaming PC, I know that I can use CCleaner and Defraggler to make it more faster but are there any more ideas?

My Gaming PC specs:

Custom Built PC
Windows 10
Gigabyte MotherBoard
8GB DDR5 RAM
AMD 4130 Quad-Core Processor @3.80Ghz
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 960 (ASUS STRIX)
1TB HDD
4K Resolution Supported (1080p Recommended)

My Laptop Specs:

HP Pavilion SleekBook 14-b109sa
Windows 10
4GB DDR3 RAM
Intel Core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz (2 Cores)
486GB HDD
766p Main Resolution (True 720p)

Please give me at least one answer per-user.
Thank You.

Aug 11, 2015
You sure your mobo can output enough voltage to support such a processor?
4.00 Ghz is resonably fast (nothing exceptional, but still) and will use a fair amount of voltage, so if you are using an old cheap board with an fx 8350 for example, it could be stressing the power delivery. I have head tales from the old days of people using compatible super cpus in cheap mobos, actually frying the pwms and turning the back of the mobo brown. It's happend a few times because of the "new" fx9XXX series as well. Be sure to check this out.

--Update--
Not all mobos can run all AMD CPUs, even though they have the same socket. A friend of mine has an fx4300, it's fine on his board, but he wanted to upgrade to an fx8350, until he found out his board only outputs 95W to the cpu. A lot of AMD CPUs use more than this.

technotips5

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
Have you also tried uninstalling redundant software, updating both your antivirus and antimalware and cleaning your computer? You may also want to try out Wise Disk Cleaner, an alternative to CCleaner. Is your power plan adjusted to High Performance? You may try more solutions suggested on this page

TRENDING THREADS