How can i move files from my SSD to my HDD?

MrPato

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
I've bought a MSI Aegis PC in November, this pc came with 237 SSD space, which already had my OS installed, and a 1TB HDD for the other things i wanted to install on the pc..
2 months later, i've realised i've done goofed.. because i installed EVERYTHING on the SSD and the HDD was 100% free still.
What i want do to is move everything (except the OS) from my SSD and move it to my HDD, but i don't know how to do it
I guess formating my pc won't be an option, because since the OS already came with the computer, i don't have a license key with me
Is there any way i can move from my SSD to my HDD without formating my PC?
Thanks! :D

Solution
Yes and no. It depends on what you have installed. Games are programs. They install files in different folders on your drive and then looking for those files in specific locations. For example- if it stores graphics in C/Users/Username/Graphics, if you move it to another drive, the program will open without graphics or not open at all. I would not move anything that is a program. The only way is to uninstall your programs and then re-install on D drive. Also not all programs will have option to specify what drive to install.

The files like Office/Word documents, music files or video can be moved. Just copy and paste them to new location.

Always have back up.

Astralv

Distinguished
Yes and no. It depends on what you have installed. Games are programs. They install files in different folders on your drive and then looking for those files in specific locations. For example- if it stores graphics in C/Users/Username/Graphics, if you move it to another drive, the program will open without graphics or not open at all. I would not move anything that is a program. The only way is to uninstall your programs and then re-install on D drive. Also not all programs will have option to specify what drive to install.

The files like Office/Word documents, music files or video can be moved. Just copy and paste them to new location.

Always have back up.

Solution