Question How can i prevent a user account to access any of my files, application and activity?

Feb 15, 2019
I have a pc with windows 7 ultimate (32 bit) having two user accounts, one administrative for myself and another one is standard account for family member. When I copy or download files, install apps and browse or do anything in apps with admin account, all of this is accessible from standard user account too. I dont want to share or show any newly copied files, application or any activity of applications with standard user account . If it is possible, please tell how can i do it.

For most applications, you have a choice where to install them. If you choose the installation folder and limit the access to yourself only, other users won't be able to use that application, even if Start Menu shortcuts for all users are pointing there (and you can move these to your private Start Menu).

Same applies to data - standard users don't have access to each' other profiles (Desktop, Documents, Pictures etc).

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
There is usually an option when installing the program to choose 'just for myself' and then it will just install onto your system account, find more information on how to disallow users from using applications through this guide

I have a pc with windows 7 ultimate (32 bit) having two user accounts, one administrative for myself and another one is standard account for family member. When I copy or download files, install apps and browse or do anything in apps with admin account, all of this is accessible from standard user account too. I dont want to share or show any newly copied files, application or any activity of applications with standard user account . If it is possible, please tell how can i do it.

If another user can access the files you download, you are not saving those files in the correct user folder, a normal user does not have rights to the folder of another user, unless things were changed from default settings.