Question How can I prioritize Roblox to utilize more of my GPU, aiming for around 80% GPU usage or making it predominantly GPU-bound?

Mar 7, 2023
So, I'm experiencing high CPU usage and low GPU utilization while playing a highly realistic Roblox game. It seems my CPU is taking a heavy load, ( 100% ) while my GPU is only at 20-30%. I'd like to shift the load to my GPU and make Roblox more GPU-dependent. I'm using an MSI Gaming AMD Radeon RX 6600. Can anyone advise me on how to achieve this?

This can get pretty annoying because I don't know why my GPU can't just pitch in a little bit more instead of the CPU having to use its full potential.

I'm not exactly sure why this is happening, It's been like this since I got the computer I would love if this worked but I'm not sure if this is even possible without a whole bunch of coding.

USAFRet

Titan
CPU or GPU is in the code for the game.
Not really something YOU can influence.

Generally, the CPU provides the framerate, the GPU provides the eyecandy.

Also, what is the full parts list of this system?
Make/model of everything.

plusev

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2014
Are you gaming at 1080p? Increasing your resolution would be the simplest way to achieve a more GPU-bound gaming experience, though there are some exceptions.

plusev

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2014
Yes 1080p How do i increase it?

By purchasing a 4k monitor or increasing the render resolution through your graphics cards control panel. That title appears to be largely CPU-bound, though. World of Warcraft is another title that's heavily CPU-bound.

Again, someone with more experience can chime in and clarify if that's indeed the case or not. I haven't played it before, but with WoW, I have.

Mar 7, 2023
By purchasing a 4k monitor or increasing the render resolution through your graphics cards control panel. That title appears to be largely CPU-bound, though. World of Warcraft is another title that's heavily CPU-bound.

Again, someone with more experience can chime in and clarify if that's indeed the case or not. I haven't played it before, but with WoW, I have.
Okay thank you i will be trying that.