Question How can I prove to ASUS that my GPU needs replacing?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MVP Teku

Honorable
Aug 3, 2015
PC Specs:
MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X Motherboard
i7 7700K
ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 A8G Gaming
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2
Samsung EVO 970 500GB SATA SSD
Windows 10

I feel like I've been at war with these technicians for 3 months now. I RMA'd my GPU after I was getting extreme artefacting, games were crashing within 30 seconds of launching, my Heaven benchmarks rarely completed and when they did, the score was super low and eventually, just booting up the PC would cause extreme pixilation and freeze on the lock screen. If I got past that, it would sometimes BSoD just idling on the desktop.

Anyway, got the card back after they "repaired" it and it seemed fine. I used it for about a week and then all the same issues started creeping back in until I had to take the card out again cause I could barely use the system with it installed.

I tried completely reformatting my SSD and reinstalling Windows and all the GPU drivers, tried using older drivers, NVIDIAs latest hotfixed drivers, none of them helped. I'm not an expert, but I'd say that kinda rules out software issues, right?

Anyway, sent it back in and now they're telling me it's fine and they can't recreate the issue and they're trying to just palm it back to me. Getting really frustrated, cause obviously something is really wrong and I feel like I've done everything I can to isolate it to being a GPU hardware issue. I mean, my system works just fine without it installed. I don't understand what else it could be? And I have no idea why it wouldn't be acting up for them other than maybe it kinda gets better for a bit after not being used and takes a week or some of use to degrade again, like what happened when I first got it back.

I just don't know what to do, I know I need a replacement and I have no confidence in their ability to repair the thing, I've given them ample photo and video evidence of the issues, so I don't know why they're refusing to issue the retailer a credit notice.

Am I correct in that it's a GPU issue, or could it be something else somehow? And have I done everything I could to rule out software issues? I just wanna know that I'm in the right here and that they should be replacing the card, I don't wanna be unreasonable, I just want a working GPU as it's been 3 months since I was able to play games or anything. Has anyone been through something like this? Did it get replaced, and if so, how'd you get them to finally do it?

InvalidError

Titan
Yeah, I even linked them articles about the exact issue and tried to explain to them it's a very well documented issue with this series of cards in the hopes they' cut me some slack or realise I knew what I was talking about or something, but they completely ignored it, just like every other piece of evidence I've brought to them.
If all else fails, you could tell them you will be filing a small claims court case. It'll be cheaper for Asus to either buyback the GPU or replace it than send anybody to represent themselves.