[SOLVED] How can I read a DMP (or can someone have a look for me please?)

GMHague

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2014
Hi everyone, I've got a weird problem with my music studio computer, Win 10 Pro 64, where the audio drops out after 50-100 ms but it still plays back certain elements of the project. The thing is, the problem is generating a dump file, but I can't figure out how to read it (even if, with luck, it offers a clue to my non-dump-file brain). BlueScreenView doesn't work, and the WDK download is apparently 3GB of stuff I won't understand ... I just want to check out the DMP file.
I was hoping to attach one here, but can't see a means to actually attach anything.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Solution
What type of dmp file? what location does it write it to?
Windows creates dump files if you get a BSOD and they go into c: Memory.dmp which is the type of dumps BSV is expecting to see.
Other types are dumps might be read by the debugger, its just not guaranteed.

You can't attach files here, you need to upload it to a file sharing website (like Onedrive, or Google drive) and show a link here?

Colif

Win 11 Master
What type of dmp file? what location does it write it to?
Windows creates dump files if you get a BSOD and they go into c: Memory.dmp which is the type of dumps BSV is expecting to see.
Other types are dumps might be read by the debugger, its just not guaranteed.

You can't attach files here, you need to upload it to a file sharing website (like Onedrive, or Google drive) and show a link here?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS