[SOLVED] How can I reset the ARGB behavior of my RAM to default settings?

Mar 3, 2022
I have T-Force Delta DDR4 RAM (8GBx4) and the best ARGB settings have been the default out-of-the-box. Unfortunately, I changed this with software I downloaded for my ASUS motherboard, as well as with OpenRGB software. Although I can sort of instruct them to revert back to the default rainbow scrolling (it is somewhat different from the various sorts of rainbow scrolling that are created by these programs) it's not exactly the same as the default once was.

At this point, the main difference is that it takes longer for the ARGB to start up when the computer is booted from off. The rainbow used to start immediately at the same time as my other RGB hardware components (the rainbow of each stick is also randomly and completely desynced from each other, which is fine by me for purposes here).

Now, the RAM briefly flashes white when it used to start fully. The a couple seconds later, the default rainbow pattern starts up but it is synced with each stick. The rainbow quickly unsyncs, as the default rainbow speed of each stick is different (again, this is fine by me).

I have, with extreme difficulty, installed and uninstalled the ASUS motherboard RGB softwares Armoury Crate and Aura Sync multiple times (even cleaned registries). The slightly modified RAM performance at startup and in general remains.

The startup RAM pattern appears to finish when the BIOS is still loading. The RAM will light up into the rainbow if I hit Del or F2 to get into the BIOS before Windows starts. Therefore, I am unsure if reinstalling Windows would fix the behavior.

Where are the RGB settings for motherboard RAM stored? In Windows? In the BIOS? Would resetting my BIOS also reset my RAM performance to the complete out-of-the-box original state? (My prebuilt PC arrived with many things in my BIOS well customized, so I am reluctant to try unless I'm sure it will work). There is a BIOS setting specifically for RGB but changing it never affects anything; I believe it is for RGB on the motherboard itself (mine has none) and not the RAM.

Solution
Sounds to me like ram has 2 profiles, one which is a hardware profile used before Windows takes control, and one is the software profile that runs when windows/rgb software has control.
White = hardware profile
rainbow = software profile

My ram has the same thing, but I have just set the hardware and software to be the same and I don't have a rainbow pattern , just static lights. You can't use the program I used to set it as its from Corsair.

So I wonder what software can program that hardware setting. Doesn't help T Force don't have their own software.

which open rgb software have you used?

Where are the RGB settings for motherboard RAM stored?
i think on the ram...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sounds to me like ram has 2 profiles, one which is a hardware profile used before Windows takes control, and one is the software profile that runs when windows/rgb software has control.
White = hardware profile
rainbow = software profile

My ram has the same thing, but I have just set the hardware and software to be the same and I don't have a rainbow pattern , just static lights. You can't use the program I used to set it as its from Corsair.

So I wonder what software can program that hardware setting. Doesn't help T Force don't have their own software.

which open rgb software have you used?

Where are the RGB settings for motherboard RAM stored?
i think on the ram itself?
I wouldn't reset BIOS
most motherboard don't have ram on them so that RGB setting should be for the sticks or possibly an led strip on motherboard itself. My board has an rgb strip built in, you can use software to change its color. I changed mine from red to blue.

Last edited:
Solution
Mar 3, 2022
Yes, I feel that the RAM has 2 or even 3 profiles. After the white flash, the default rainbow does appear while I'm in BIOS menus, but some trace of Windows may have already loaded by then. (Any possible third profile would be after Windows is fully logged in, as some of the RGB software needed to be run each time to take control, while other RGB software only needed to set the behavior once). I ran several RGB software together at times, so they conflicted with each other and did all kinds of weird things.

I used https://openrgb.org/ as an alternative, non-bloated OpenRGB software control. However, I found that it did not work as well as its proponents said. It failed to detect my graphics card RGB (irrelevant for this thread as I controlled it satisfactorily anyway), the ARGB color options for my RAM were far inferior to every other software, and it also failed to keep my RAM's ARGB unless OpenRGB is running (at least sometimes, depending on all the software conflicts).

T-Force does have one or two packages of their own RGB software. I installed one called T-Force Blitz. However, it turned out to be almost identical to my ASUS motherboard's detested Armoury Crate software (same ASUS file names and background services even) except way less bloated. T-Force Blitz had inferior RGB options and was totally useless, and failed to reset my RAM to the perfect default state like I'd hoped.

RAM itself can store its own settings? Maybe if I yank out my RAM, then?

crimson117

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I have T-Force Delta DDR4 RAM (8GBx4) and the best ARGB settings have been the default out-of-the-box

I have the Nighthawk version and the default profile is AWESOME. It cycles through colors quickly slightly offset for each stick, then has this quick white steak along the top, again slightly offset for each stick.

It only happens when I don't have any software running to control the RGB. As soon as I run iCUE or the ASUS software, it goes to some bland static color by default.

I wish it were possible to program that same cycle as the default, but I haven't found it.