[SOLVED] How can i restore data from another hard-drive?

Gerelmaa

Honorable
Sep 10, 2016
Hello guys ,
Im trying to copy data from old hard-drive, but when i plug in it doesn't work.

1. There are 2 hardware installed with windowserver 2008r2
  2. The problem is that windows server 2008r2 got stuck at the start
  3. I bought new hard-drive and installed windows 10
  4. How can i get data from the old hard-drive (windows server 2008r2)

Solution
you have tried different SATA ports & different SATA data cables?
also have tried different SATA power cables?

if so, I might try a bootable drive management software to access the disk outside of the OS environment.
then just delete everything / format the drive.

if nothing can detect the drive, write it off as a dead disk.

DSzymborski

Titan
What exactly is happening with the old hard drive? First you say it doesn't work when it's plugged in, suggesting a hardware issue, but then you say the problem is the OS, which suggests a software issue.

If it's just an OS issue, you should simply be able to install the drive and use it as a secondary drive and recover anything you want, whether directly installing it by SATA or an in a USB enclosure.

Gerelmaa

Honorable
Sep 10, 2016
What exactly is happening with the old hard drive? First you say it doesn't work when it's plugged in, suggesting a hardware issue, but then you say the problem is the OS, which suggests a software issue.

If it's just an OS issue, you should simply be able to install the drive and use it as a secondary drive and recover anything you want, whether directly installing it by SATA or an in a USB enclosure.
It is more of os issue, when i try to safe mode, it stuck at classpnp.sys

you have tried different SATA ports & different SATA data cables?
also have tried different SATA power cables?

if so, I might try a bootable drive management software to access the disk outside of the OS environment.
then just delete everything / format the drive.

if nothing can detect the drive, write it off as a dead disk.

Reactions: Gerelmaa
Solution
The hard drive is not showing up , i installed directly SATA
Go into bios and make sure that the bios even looks for the drive, (on some bios) if it has a saved profile for current drives it will not look for new ones and you have to run a new search or add the new drive by hand.

Also the bios might be correctly seeing it, in that case go to disk management inside of windows if it shows up there you can just give it a drive letter and it will show up normally.

Reactions: Gerelmaa