[SOLVED] How can I stop division 2 from constantly dropping frames and stuttering.

raghavbhargava2004

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
So I have a ryzen 5 1400, and a rx 560. These according to Ubisoft fit the minimum requirements to play the division 2. However, when I play I get constant frame drops like I cant even move. I have lowered all settings, gone into window mode, and lowered resolution to the lowest with the same results and 1080p res.

Solution
I suspect that your issue is related to page file as related to RAM and the HDD as well as the GPU.
As you go past 50% RAM usage you will have it paging often used items to the disk. I would suspect that activity alone is a good portion of your issue. Perhaps see if you can disable background processes to free up some RAM and see if any improvement.

Also of note, your PSU is very low. If you look within this chart:
https://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
recommended 400W for that card, aside from other components.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
RAM amount? Temps? HDD or SSD?

In this case I might suggest installing RIVA tuner alongside Afterburner. Look at your in game usages in relation to physical amounts of RAM and so forth, and temps to see what's "hurting".

I can tell you now that I also play Division 2 and have a FAR better system and there are times when it makes mine cry too. This latest round of patches have been a nightmare all the way around.

As a side note, do you have Wildlands or Breakpoint? Do you have the same problems there?

In my own case, if I try to play Div2 with a dual screen monitor setup going (one screen game, one screen info) it chops like heck on my system too.

raghavbhargava2004

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
RAM amount? Temps? HDD or SSD?

In this case I might suggest installing RIVA tuner alongside Afterburner. Look at your in game usages in relation to physical amounts of RAM and so forth, and temps to see what's "hurting".

I can tell you now that I also play Division 2 and have a FAR better system and there are times when it makes mine cry too. This latest round of patches have been a nightmare all the way around.

As a side note, do you have Wildlands or Breakpoint? Do you have the same problems there?

In my own case, if I try to play Div2 with a dual screen monitor setup going (one screen game, one screen info) it chops like heck on my system too.
Division 2 is the only ubisoft game I have that has these types of stutters

raghavbhargava2004

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd/hdd usage during the game?

malware scan the system?
PSU- Thermaltake 300w 80+ bronze
CPU- Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz, max temp 60, max usage 60%
GPU- Aero ITX OC Rx 560 2gn vram, max temp 80, 70% usage
Ram- 8gb dual channel 2400 MHz, 90% usage
HDD- 1 tb 7200rpm, 60% usage at all times
No SSD

raghavbhargava2004

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
I have never run a game at such a low resolution and reduced screen size. I find myself wondering if the combination of running it windowed and having to process it down to that lower size isn't the causation?
Well I have tried fullscreen at 50%, and at 100% but I get the same results and all resolutions on the low settings

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I suspect that your issue is related to page file as related to RAM and the HDD as well as the GPU.
As you go past 50% RAM usage you will have it paging often used items to the disk. I would suspect that activity alone is a good portion of your issue. Perhaps see if you can disable background processes to free up some RAM and see if any improvement.

Also of note, your PSU is very low. If you look within this chart:
https://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
recommended 400W for that card, aside from other components.

Solution