Question How can I stop Windows from restarting to update?

Dimitri001

Reputable
Oct 11, 2019
Is there some simple way that doesn't require me editing registry entries or something like that to stop Windows from automatically restarting or scheduling restarts to update itself?

Reactions: AnendTech

Dimitri001

Reputable
Oct 11, 2019
So then YOU take control, and do the update on your schedule.

A reboot after a big update is inevitable. It HAS to do it.
So just do it on your schedule.

Windows downloads an update in the background, without you knowing it. You leave the house, leaving the computer on because you'll go back to work when you return, while you're out of the house, Windows restarts. It's not a matter of scheduling.

USAFRet

Titan
Windows downloads an update in the background, without you knowing it. You leave the house, leaving the computer on because you'll go back to work when you return, while you're out of the house, Windows restarts. It's not a matter of scheduling.
It does not reboot immediately after the update.

It will generally sit for several days. Little orange icon on the taskbar, notifying you that it needs to reboot.

Also, this:
pxiJwvM.jpg

Reactions: Tac 25
its matter of how you set it up
m2jqcZ1.png

im not getting any notifications about restart is needed, windows wont restart on itw own,
since i got win 11, i had zero ( 0 ) restarts by windows updates

the only indication that some update needs restart is this
Mj9dOh5.png

and this
cOS9KBx.png