Question How can I turn off Pinch Zoom on a Lenovo V330?

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
My colleague's Lenovo V330 doesn't seem to have any option to switch off pinch zoom. It has our work's own Windows 10 LTSB image on, and I've tried installing the Elan/Synaptics touchpad driver for this machine from Lenovo's own website, but the option isn't there.

Is there any way to switch it off?

Thanks

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
The thing is, even though I've installed the Synaptics driver, when I go through the menus described everywhere online, i'm only getting the very basic Windows touchpad options. I know that I should be seeing the red Synaptics tab with all the options because I see it on other laptops we use. It simply isn't there and I'm really confused as to why.

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
Are you positive there's nothing under multifinger gestures? I have yet to see a Synaptics mousepad control program that does not include pinch zooming under this category.

I've done further research and it seems that on this model, it's not a synaptics mousepad, its an Elan one and there is no option to switch it off. We've resorted to uninstalling the driver altogether and leaving the basic microsoft one in there.