[SOLVED] How can I underclock my 2080ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammos

Prominent
Dec 18, 2019
My 2080ti been getting very high temps when playing games like Runescape reaching as high as 82c. I recently bought a new Pc case you can see I've link it below, I was using Thermaltake tower 900 as I was planning to go with a watercooling setup, due to money issues I had to make do and was cheaper to get a new case that supports Air cooling. So now I'm using Lian Li Lancool case I have managed to keep temps down to 70c for me this still is too much. I would like to know could I underclock the GPU so that it doesn't heat up above 60-65c? I have installed Afterburner but I fail to understand how much I need to adjust and if its safe for me to just slide them all the way down.

CPU | Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor | $514.99 @ Walmart
CPU Cooler | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition 42.34 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | $199.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard | Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard | $469.00 @ Amazon
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory | $71.98 @ Amazon
Storage | Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $179.99 @ B&H
Video Card | Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card | $1279.99 @ Best Buy
Case | Lian Li LANCOOL II-X ATX Mid Tower Case | $149.97 @ Amazon
Power Supply | Corsair RMx 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $398.00 @ Amazon
Monitor | Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor | $779.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard | Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard | $99.99 @ Best Buy
Mouse | Corsair SCIMITAR PRO RGB Wired Optical Mouse | $69.99 @ Best Buy

Solution
Easiest MSI Afterburner screen for me to see is the following. Click on Options [usually looks like a gear], go to the last tab on top [User Interface], Skins are at the bottom. Currently using MSI Cyborg Afterburner skin by Drerex Design & Skin composition mode = traditional.

After doing that simply slide the Core Clock slider to the left to undervolt the 2080 Ti.

By the way my GPU is MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio, which will have different base stats.

View: https://imgur.com/rsHNp9a
That's not out of the norm for this power house of a GPU. I would only be concerned if it got in the 90's. Lots of people mention that their cards too reach the 80's.

You have a CPU that also puts out a lot of heat. Just make sure your case fans are in the correct spots to move air around and that you are dust free.

ammos

Prominent
Dec 18, 2019
The heat is uncomfortable to have in a small room the glass on the side of my case is hot as a radiator Also to note the playing games like runescape should not be getting those temps, not only game I play. I was going with watercooling but ran low on money. So what I’m asking can I unclock my Gpu and how can I do this with Afterburner?

alexbirdie

Respectable
The heat is uncomfortable to have in a small room the glass on the side of my case is hot as a radiator Also to note the playing games like runescape should not be getting those temps, not only game I play. I was going with watercooling but ran low on money. So what I’m asking can I unclock my Gpu and how can I do this with Afterburner?

Why did you not check the link about afterburner, which I posted at 5:51?

Easiest MSI Afterburner screen for me to see is the following. Click on Options [usually looks like a gear], go to the last tab on top [User Interface], Skins are at the bottom. Currently using MSI Cyborg Afterburner skin by Drerex Design & Skin composition mode = traditional.

After doing that simply slide the Core Clock slider to the left to undervolt the 2080 Ti.

By the way my GPU is MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio, which will have different base stats.

View: https://imgur.com/rsHNp9a

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.