[SOLVED] How can I update Gigabyte x470 without a cpu

squirrelfish

Commendable
Aug 10, 2019
I just bought Gigabyte x470 and Ryzen 3900x, and I dont have any other cpus, so how can I update this motherboard?

my 3900x still not ship yet, so if it impossible, I have to return the motherboard
As mentioned, it is possible, but not without a first or second gen chip. You can either take it to a local store, and ask them to update the BIOS for you, or you can apply for an AMD Boot Kit, wherein AMD will send you a compatible processor, you update the BIOS using that, then send the processor back. For this, however, you will need proof of purchase and photos of the product you have bought - including the processor.

squirrelfish

Commendable
Aug 10, 2019
As mentioned, it is possible, but not without a first or second gen chip. You can either take it to a local store, and ask them to update the BIOS for you, or you can apply for an AMD Boot Kit, wherein AMD will send you a compatible processor, you update the BIOS using that, then send the processor back. For this, however, you will need proof of purchase and photos of the product you have bought - including the processor.
Really? Thank you for telling me this information, do you know how to do this, this is my first time build a pc