[SOLVED] How can i update the BIOS on my MSI H81M-P33 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel998811

Prominent
Aug 26, 2021
Basically I did a backup file of the old bios, but it was a format called .1CM, and the new bios was .1A0, i renamed the bios file to .1CM, will it brick my mobo?

Solution
Basically I did a backup file of the old bios, but it was a format called .1CM, and the new bios was .1A0, i renamed the bios file to .1CM, will it brick my mobo?
No, you don't rename it.

It is a different extension, because it is a different file and version.

Th update the BIOS, you follow the manufacturers instructions exactly. No deviations.

Daniel998811

Prominent
Aug 26, 2021
I do have a bootable USB Stick, and i wanted to update to the latest version too, but the problem is that the newer Bios file is another format than the other bios, so it wont work

USAFRet

Titan
No, you don't rename it.

It is a different extension, because it is a different file and version.

Th update the BIOS, you follow the manufacturers instructions exactly. No deviations.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
he is right it doe not take the file, no wounder he getting mad your just repeating follow instructions that do not work and not listening, i doubt msi is gonna sort that out after 7 years.

have you tried the stone bios?
https://kb.stonegroup.co.uk/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=229
i think they are for the

it's strange the only bios i can get it to see is the stone ones, but then it also says it will break it.
so my choice seems to be to use the stone BIOS and get a warning saying DONT DO IT! or change a file name.

i need to update for my CPU
6 month old thread.
Please start a new one for your particular situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.