[SOLVED] How can I upgrade CPU speed without replacing or overclocking?

krelidas_34

Honorable
Sep 23, 2018
I have a Samsung Ativ 2 Book with 1.60GHz Core i5 that can go up to 2.30GHz. But I don't know how to increase the clock speed. I definitely can't overclock it; it's not in the BIOS. And I can't replace the CPU because it is soldered. But I heard of laptops that can go faster without overclocking. I think it is called Intel TurboBoost Technology. But that's not on the BIOS either. How do I increase it to its potential speed?

Solution
Turbo boost is automatic and will happen already when certain criteria are met. The only way to get extra performance is overclocking but this is not recommended in laptops and as you have found out not possible on yours. There is no magic way to get extra performance for free, you need to buy a laptop that has hardware to meet your needs.
Turbo boost is automatic and will happen already when certain criteria are met. The only way to get extra performance is overclocking but this is not recommended in laptops and as you have found out not possible on yours. There is no magic way to get extra performance for free, you need to buy a laptop that has hardware to meet your needs.

Solution

krelidas_34

Honorable
Sep 23, 2018
But I have a question. I'm an programming student that is beginning to learn basic programs, and I run Eclipse for Java and Visual Studio for C, C++. Although this laptop is too slow for any advanced games (or advanced operating systems that runs on virtual machines), it has a acceptable speed of 1.6GHz of Core i5, and 8GB of RAM. The slow hard drive has been upgraded to a faster SSD. Is this acceptable for programming?

Endre

Reputable
One way to make it run better is by working more efficiently.
For instance, you can close the apps and services that you don’t use.
Or, you could enable“gamer mode” on your anti-virus while you’re offline.
Reducing visual appearance artifacts saves some CPU power too.
Etc.
All of these will reduce the amount of work done by the CPU in the background.

This is not an upgrade, it’s just smart usage.