Question How can one know the name of SSD in each drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not see why it helps.
Let me help you with that.

We, out here, cannot in any way, shape or form see or interact in any way with your system. We have to rely on YOU to provide us with the information necessary to assist. If you refuse to provide this information, or provide incorrect information we cannot assist in any way. I can't speak for the others in this thread but I definitely failed Clairvoyance 101 in college.

Yes but I meant, given the MoBo, I see three SSDs, and I want to know which SSD is which one, not just getting the info of SSD in the system.
Powershell / Wmic reports the serial and model numbers for Disk #n. Disk Management identifies the drive letters associated with Disk #n.

Examining the labels of each SSD will tell you the serial and model numbers of each physical drive ...

popatim

Titan
Disk management would show you how many drives you actually have in your system versus how many partitions you have.
Drive letters get assigned to partitions, not drives., and you can have multiple partitions on a drive.

You can also see how many drives you actually have in the in Disk Drive section of Device Manager

From either Disk or Device manager you can right click on the drive and on the hardware tab you will see the Bus and Target numbers.
Bus corresponds to the sata controller. Some motherboards have more than one and I did not look up your board.
Target corresponds to the Sata port. 0 would be the lowest numbered port on your motherboard. Some motherboards begin at sata port0 and others start at sata port1. if 1 is the lowest numbered port on your motherbd that that would be target id 0 .

Lastly, you can change the 'Name' of the Drive so that you'll see it in File manager to the left of your drive letter so you'll have some idea of what your drive is and maybe where it is Something like : 870evo_1tb C:

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.