How comes every time I blow the dust out of my computer I have to clear cmos?

May 9, 2018
If I don't clear cmos the computer will not boot, at post it will beep multiple times and usualy 3 red error indindicator are on indicating a hardware error/failure.
I think the indicate component like this for example, (.) ram
(.) cpu
(.) gpu
But it's just a guess of what they are I'm almost dead sure one of them is ram or fan maybe another one being cpu.

Once I've cleared cmos the computer will post and offer you to press F1 to run setup or F2 to load default values or continue. Chose F1 to load setup, I either leave the BIOS settings as they are or change one or two settings like Windows 10 WHQL Mode which I tend to enable if it has become disabled and is instead is in CSM mode.
The I go save changes and reset and I will boot into windows, this kind of behavour is familar to me as on my older rig I dont have to clear Cmos but on first post it will show the post bios screen with the option to load bios (load setup) or continue, leaving it will usualy just boot after. Ordinarly it doesn't show the Chose F1 to load setup screen as bios is set to fastboot mode skipping Chose F1 to load setup screen and American Megatrends bios logo screen.

May 9, 2018
The motherboard is less than a year old. So I would doubt the CMOS battery is dead or getting weak. I'm pretty sure it has done this ever since I've owned it and first cleaned it or unplugged it moved it somewhere, had it unplugged for a while, then plugged it back in.

What are the parts in your system?

May 9, 2018

Hopefully this is enough information.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Asus
Mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
RAM: 32 GB Hyper X kit Dual channel DDR4
PSU: EVGA 750 G3 80+ Gold

Have you updated your motherboard to the latest drivers and BIOS?

May 9, 2018
I updated the Motherboard to the latest drivers and bios a while ago, I'm not aware of any new drivers or bios releasing, other that a new bios needed if and when I want to upgrade my cpu to the Ryzen 7 2700X since that is 2nd generation ryzen.

How fast are you running your RAM? On this motherboard, anything over 2400MHz is an overclock,and can cause problems with stability.

May 9, 2018
It's set to 2400MHz / Default settings. Although it shouldn't be a problem if I were running higher anyway, as this board advertises up to 3000MHz or 3200MHz.

Never could run it at rated speed when I had 3200MHz led ram though, forced to reset cmos, which made it reset timings and default to 2100MHz.

May 9, 2018
I think you might be misunderstanding anyway. There's no problem with the computer. I just wanted to figure out why I'm forced to reset cmos after blowing the dust out. I had a idea that at times the fan get blown and are allowed to spin freely generates electricity that runs thought the circuit messing up/scrambling the cmos setting forcing the need for a reset.

Otherwise the battery is loosing charge so the settings are lost 'requiring a reset'? But if this were the case in theory it shouldn't need a reset as surely if it looses the setting, shouldn't it just run defaults.