Question How comes my ethernet isn't working but my Wifi is?

May 20, 2019
So basically, We had a guy check the power 2-4 months ago. After that my internet upstairs has been disconnecting every ~25 minutes for about ~2 seconds, and then going back to normal.
Now my ethernet doesn't work at all. Ive tried my Xbox, my PC and my laptop and none of them can get an ethernet connection.
This happened literally today, after I told my dad about the issue mentioned before (about internet disconnecting for 2 seconds at a time).
I thought he did something with it, but turns out he didn't. How do I fix this?

May 20, 2019
directly to the modem of router? check with a shorter cable with the laptop? the port light up on the laptop and modem/router?
I think i've found the problem, my cable that goes from router to router (and from the 2nd router into my pc) isn't working. I've tried to directly place the ethernet cable in my pc and it's still showing that there's no internet. How do I fix this?

Daisy chaining routers will extend the distance in the house, but you would be better off using an extender. The more stuff you have in a setup, the bigger the headache at times when something goes wrong. Like the previous poster said, it is most likely one or the other.