[SOLVED] How completely format SSD on which Windows 10 is installed? During the Windows installation its not possible for me

Swiftbasic1978

Prominent
Sep 18, 2021
Pls. advice how completely format the SSD on which Windows 10 is installed?
I currently have only one SSD Crucial 512. It has Windows 10 installed on it.
When I select the format options during Windows installation, it shows me 5 or 6 logical disks (of different sizes). I'm not able to delete or format them thru Windows 10 installation menu..

As a result, after installing Windows 10, it turned out that half of the SSD is already occupied with old data.

I need full format of SSD so after installing Windows there is nothing except New OS on it. How do I do this?

You shouldn't be able to format them in some cases.... but you should always be able to delete them... please check properly.... if you delete (not format) all the partitions... you should be able to reformat the whole disk however you want!

Swiftbasic1978

Prominent
Sep 18, 2021
You shouldn't be able to format them in some cases.... but you should always be able to delete them... please check properly.... if you delete (not format) all the partitions... you should be able to reformat the whole disk however you want!
You mean during Windows 10 installation first to delete all the partitions until it will be only one and then format it?
Yes, I have tried it before... Windows installation doesn't let me to delete all the partitions. I remember it was around 5...

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Pls. advice how completely format the SSD on which Windows 10 is installed?
I currently have only one SSD Crucial 512. It has Windows 10 installed on it.
When I select the format options during Windows installation, it shows me 5 or 6 logical disks (of different sizes). I'm not able to delete or format them thru Windows 10 installation menu..

As a result, after installing Windows 10, it turned out that half of the SSD is already occupied with old data.

I need full format of SSD so after installing Windows there is nothing except New OS on it. How do I do this?

You are able to, and you should delete all partitions, and then install Windows.

How to Perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 (groovypost.com)

D

Deleted member 14196

Yes delete every single partition until there’s just one large unpartitioned space and then you click new and choose all the default from there

Reactions: falcon291

Swiftbasic1978

Prominent
Sep 18, 2021
Yes delete every single partition until there’s just one large unpartitioned space and then you click new and choose all the default from there
I will try again tonight but as I remember, I wasn't able to do it.., in some partitions delete/format button wasn't clickable.
I will make a video tonight or photos.

Swiftbasic1978

Prominent
Sep 18, 2021
There can be extended partitions these cannot be deleted before the partitions within deleted. So first delete them, then these unclickable partitions will be clickable.
How to understand that this partition is extended one? Probably the correct sequence in choosing the partitions is crucial ... I still wonder why I wasnt able to delete all the partitions except one...

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
How to understand that this partition is extended one? Probably the correct sequence in choosing the partitions is crucial ... I still wonder why I wasnt able to delete all the partitions except one...
Delete the partitions these you can delete, and then you will be able to delete the partitions these you cannot delete. It is not something you can make a mistake. You have taken a backup of that drive, right?