ArjunY

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
So I recently acquired a PS2 to USB adapter for my old PS2 controller, a popular one used in all tutorials, the one shown at the bottom of the post.

Being a plug-and-play device, it did get set up in the 'Devices and Printers' section, and I did download the x360ce Controller Emulator, the problem is that it doesn't receive any input whatsoever from the controller, and it isn't really able to create a default settings file. The controller does work fine on PS2 though, as it should.

Hence I wished to receive some guidance regarding the same, if anyone happens to be using the same, and/or knows how to set it up.

41KNUYOaauL.jpg

Solution
Unless it's brand new (and even then) you should start with examining all the connections from the USB cable on the board and resoldering them as needed.
They use fine cables and they break (loose connection) really easily.

ArjunY

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
Unless it's brand new (and even then) you should start with examining all the connections from the USB cable on the board and resoldering them as needed.
For the connection part, it looks fine, for the red analog signal on the controller does light up when that button is pressed, and it has already been set up by Windows. It's the input that is lacking, for even upon recalibration it doesn't seem to take input.

ArjunY

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020

Got a replacement. After a few settings on the x360ce software, it works fine. :)

TRENDING THREADS